What's Dapper Maids's Customer Lockout Policy: What to Do
If your customer is not available to let you in to start your appointment:
- Call your customer AT LEAST 3 times over 30 minutes at the number they provided.
- This gives us proof that you waited for the required time and made a good-faith effort to reach the client.
- Go to your dashboard's My Upcoming Jobs & Requests page > click the Job to find your client's contact information.
- You must take a selfie with your client's house number and your face clearly visible in the shot so that we have proof that you were at the property. You will need to upload this when you file a lockout claim on your dashboard.
- Wait at your client's home for at least 30 minutes. If you are still unable to gain access to their home, charge the customer for a lockout.
To charge your client for a lockout, follow the steps below.
If you're using the Homeaglow for Cleaners app:
- Go to the 'My Jobs' tab, and select your appointment.
Tap 'Invoice' > 'Charge Client'.
Close the ensuing pop-up window and tap the 'Charge Client for Lockout' button.
If you're using your browser:
- Go to your dashboard's Upcoming Jobs & Requests page, and select your appointment.
- Click 'View Job'.
- Select 'Charge Client for Lockout'.
These will charge your client and you'll receive a $40 payment or your expected payout for the job (whichever is lower) for this inconvenience. Please note that the Lockout Fee will not be issued if you're late for the appointment.
During severe weather events, please reach out to your customer to see if they'd like to keep the appointment or reschedule.
Don't have the Homeaglow for Cleaners app yet? Download it now!